Recycling of waste oils – is its recovery for reuse.
Modern lubricants for motor transport, special equipment, agriculture and the industry are presented by numerous Ukrainian and foreign brands and level of their consumption is growing every year. That’s why the question of timely recycling of waste oils is very important for the preservation of planet’s ecology and also human health.
How to recycling of waste oil
After usage, oil can be collected, recycled and used repeatedly. By some estimates, it is annually 1,500,000,000 liters of waste lubricants were recycled. Ways of further usage can be different: the regenerated lubricant can be used as standard motor oil, or the same recovered oil can be used as heating oil. Liquids for cold rolling of aluminum at all can be filtered on site of productions and to be reused.
WAYS of recycling
Recovery on-site uses
Recovery provides for the removal of pollutants from the used lubricant and its reuse. Such form of recycling doesn’t recover oil to its initial state but extends the durability.
Recycling on oil refinery
Using a waste oil as raw material at an initial stage of the process, or as a choker for production of gasoline and coke.
It provides processing of waste oil, by removal of pollution, for further use as a basis for a new lubricant. Regeneration can prolong the durability of a lubricant resource almost to infinity. Such form of processing is more priority, as it completes a recycling cycle by reuse of oil for production of the same product, which this waste oil was originally, and, thus, it saves both, energy and natural resources.
Recycling and combustion for fuel production
Provides removal of water and particles, to make waste oil be used as a fuel to produce heat or electric power for production operations. This form of processing isn’t so good as material’s reuse methods, as it allows to use waste oil only once.
Recycling of waste oil is a positive factor for the environment and economy for several reasons:
1) Regeneration of waste oil requires three times less energy than it is used for receiving base oils during crude oil processing.
2) For the production of 1 litre of a new high-quality lubricant material needs 67.2 litres of crude oil and only 1.6 litres of waste oil.
3) One litre of waste oil, prepared for use as fuel, contains about 40 MJ of energy.
Usage of waste oil
Who deals with waste oil?
1) Producers of waste oil: the enterprises which use lubes in commercial or industrial operations, at vehicular maintenance, or the equipment. Producers are the largest segment of the industry of operation of waste lubricant materials. Examples of such producers are automobile repair shops, service stations, points of replacement of oils, the state garages, grocery stores, the metalworking enterprises, sea and river stations. Farmers, on average, produce less than 100 liters of waste oils a month, have no status of producers. Individuals, who produce waste oil when using personal vehicles and the equipment, are also not subject to the action of the rules established by standards of waste lubricant materials.
2) Operators: centers, points of reception and collection that collect and store small amounts of used oil for the accumulation of the necessary volume for transportation to another location for the purpose of recycling. The centers of reception usually accept waste oil from different sources, including the commercial enterprises and individuals.
3) Carriers: companies that collect waste oil from any source and deliver it to the regenerating processing enterprises or enterprises which it is burned. This includes any structure where waste oil is more than 24 hours, but not more than 35 days. It’s, for example, cargo areas or parking lots.
4) The regenerating and recycling enterprise: recycles the waste oil for reuse as a new product, for example, lubricant material or further processing.
5) Enterprises which combust waste lubricants for power generation in industrial furnaces or in furnaces for incineration of hazardous waste.
Ukraine, 08292, Bucha, street. Yablunskaya (Kirov), 144.
+380 44 338 04 78
+380 99 290 96 99